This course takes a look at where chiropractic comes from. An in depth discussion of the origins and philosophical roots of what has become one of the largest natural health care branches in the world will be reviewed. We look at the history of chiropractic and how chiropractic philosophy fits into the modern day practice. We will take a brief look at some other healing art philosophies and see how they compare with our own.
The student will have a better understanding regarding the importance of philosophy. Every profession has a philosophy. By participating in this class, the attendees will hopefully have a greater appreciation for ours.
Some, but not all, topics covered in this course include:
- Definition of philosophy and chiropractic philosophy
- Interpret quotes from famous philosophers, chiropractic philosophers and excerpts from motivational and inspirational readings
- Review of the 33 chiropractic principles
- Compare and contrast western medicine philosophy with chiropractic philosophy
- Learn to educate patients on the chiropractic paradigm
- Effectively integrate the above objectives into chiropractic practice
This is a 6-hour continuing education course (Category B Board Approved).