This is a 1 credit hour program that may help introduce you to encapsulated MEDICAL FOOD and its use in practice/clinical setting. We cover a significant amount of material to help you determine if Medical Foods may benefit your patients and how.
We start this course by looking at what exactly are medical foods. Then we look at GRAS ingredients followed by what are the differences between Medical Foods and dietary supplements. Then we move on to discuss:
- Key differences and similarities between medical foods and pharmaceuticals.
- Historical focus of medical foods vs. Encapsulated medical foods today
- The benefits of encapsulated medical foods
- How to incorporate medical foods into clinical practice
- Examples of Medical Foods
As we near the end we will spend some time reviewing what the Food is Medicine Research Action Plan Aspen Institute has to say followed by references.
Note: This is a 1-hour continuing education course. The course is taught by the instructor with a PowerPoint presentation as a visual aid in video format. An assessment of your subject mastery will be tested with a short quiz at the end of the course. Upon completion of the course and passing the quiz, you will earn 1 CEU. A certificate will be provided to verify your completion of the program.