This is a one hour presentation on the use of medical marijuana. It will cover some of the conditions being treated with cannabis. This course also includes discussion about some of the differences of medical marijuana use from state to state. We will look at some research that may give insight as to why patients may want to try this alternative approach.
Some questions that will be discussed and evidence-based research reviewed are:
- Will this be able to help with the opioid crisis?
- What are cannabinoids?
- Are people with health- and age-related problems more vulnerable to marijuana’s risks?
- What medications contain cannabinoids?
- We will look at why THC may not be good for children, teens, or in actuality anyone under 25 years of age.
- Have you ever heard of marijuana use disorders?
- Can endocannabinoid-directed reorganization of the brain during puberty really occur?
Note: This is a 1-hour continuing education course. The course is taught by the instructor with a PowerPoint presentation as a visual aid in video format. An assessment of your subject mastery will be tested with a short quiz at the end of the course. Upon completion of the course and passing the quiz, you will earn 1 CEU. A certificate will be provided to verify your completion of the program.