This is a new 12-hour presentation covering phases of aging and care options from a case/patient management aspect. In this class, we will cover adjusting styles for the entire spine, including protocols and safety issues related to caring for patients as they become older. The aging population is larger in numbers than all other groups, and it will continue to grow. Expect to be equipped, empowered and have developed a more complete understanding of the aging experience. The tools and skills presented in this course may help you to grow your practice with the older patient.
Some topics include:
- Tools to take care of the older patient
- Possible conditions, prevention of conditions associated to aging (examples: fall prevention, arthritis and osteoporosis)
- Treatment options from a medicolegal aspect
- Practical approaches to chiropractic care that may benefit the older patient
- Review of complications from a neurological, structural and nutritional aspect
- Diet and appropriate exercises from conditioning to maintenance, including preventative types of exercises
- Record Keeping
This is a 12-hour continuing education course. It includes two of the hours dedicated to Record Keeping. Each lesson takes 50 minutes to complete. An assessment of your subject mastery will be tested with a short quiz periodically. Upon completion of all 12 lessons, you will earn 12 CEU’s and a certificate will be provided to verify your completion of the program.